We provide a range of guidance documents to support our members throughout their site audit process and auditors conducting SMETA audits. All documents reflect the latest version of SMETA 6.1.
- SMETA 6.1 Best Practice Guidance (pdf): A best practice guidance on conducting ethical trade audits
- SMETA 6.1 Measurement Criteria (pdf): A set of instructions on the items to be checked by auditors
- SMETA 6.1 Summary Guidance (pdf): What’s new in SMETA 6.1 & FAQs
SMETA support documents:
- Guide to completing a SMETA Report 6.1 (pdf)
- Guide to completing a SMETA CAPR 6.1 (pdf)
These have been put together using fictitious information to demonstrate to SMETA users how to complete a SMETA report. Please note the example uses typical information from China; it may vary for other countries.