To ensure audit quality, only Sedex approved Affiliate Audit Companies can conduct SMETA audits.
Trusted audit partners
Sedex Approved Audit Companies
At Sedex, we work with the best audit firms, collaborating to drive improvements. You can view a list of our approved Affiliate Audit Companies (AACs) below.
These Affiliate Audit Companies (including any of their subsidiaries, unless otherwise specified) are all APSCA members and can currently carry out all types of in-person SMETA audits. All auditors who are completing a Sedex Virtual Assessment (SVA) will need to be vetted. For further information on the vetting requirements, please refer to the Sedex Virtual Assessment AAC Vetting Criteria and Process Guidance or contact us.
- ABS Quality Evaluations Inc.
- Accordia Global Compliance Group
- API Audit Limited
- Arche Advisors
- AUS – Meat
- Benchmarks Co., Ltd.
- BCI Compliance Group
- BSI Group
- Bureau Veritas
- Bureau Veritas Certification
- Centre Testing International Corporation
- Control Union Certifications
- DQS CFS GmbH
- Ethical Trade Services Africa
- Eurocert SA
- Extensive Standard Technical Services Co., Ltd.
- GCL International Ltd
- GSCS International ltd
- IBL Africa
- Insite Compliance
- International Associates Limited
- International Compliance Group
- IQNet Ltd
- LRQA (Previously Lloyd’s Register)
- NSF Certification UK Ltd
- Omega Compliance
- Openview Service Limited
- Partner Africa
- Primus Auditing Ops
- QIMA Ltd
- RINA SERVICES S.p.A
- SCS Global Services
- Excel Sustainability Management & Technology Co., Ltd
- Social Compliance Services Asia
- Sustainable Assurance Solutions Pty Ltd (SAS)
- TUV NORD CERT GmbH
- TUV Rheinland
- TUV SUD
URS Certification Limited
- Verisio Ltd
- Verner Wheelock (incorporating KSSA)
As part of the Audit Quality Programme, Affiliate Audit Companies may be temporarily suspended. During the period of suspension Affiliate Audit Companies are not allowed to carry out SMETA activities. Sedex will review when and under what condition suspended audit companies may resume their SMETA activities.
The following audit companies are currently suspended:
- Global Group
As part of the Audit Quality Programme, Affiliate Audit Companies may also be terminated. If terminated, audit companies will no longer appear on this page. Members with visibility of audits conducted by terminated audit firms in the previous 12 months will be alerted when termination is confirmed.
SMETA is only available to Sedex members, and only Sedex Approved Auditors can conduct SMETA.
All auditors are required to pay a fee to access SMETA or upload a non-SMETA audit to the Sedex platform. This cost is fixed and will be charged directly to the audit company:
- SMETA Audits are £50 per audit for Sedex Members
- Non-SMETA Audits are £200 per audit for Sedex Members
Sedex Audit Quality Programme
We believe in the importance of continuous improvement, so we work hard with our audit partners to ensure we are delivering best in class audits.
To drive this, we have an Audit Quality Programme which aims to:
- Maintain the quality of SMETA audits
- Improve detection and reporting of onsite issues
- Ensure consistency across our Affiliate Audit Companies
Audit quality is important to us. If you need to raise a grievance about an auditor or audit company, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about Affiliate Audit Companies or audit quality, please reach out to our Audit team.