As a supplier member you will share data about your business with customers quickly and easily, and access tools to help improve your sustainability performance.
Join Sedex as a supplier
Benefits for your business
Simple and efficient processes
Save time and money by sharing data with multiple customers at once
Attract new customers
Connect with potential customers and showcase your business though the member directory
Build internal expertise
Access multiple training resources to help upskill your team on social and environmental issues
Become a more sustainable business by identifying priority areas for improvement
The annual membership fee for Supplier members is £119 per site, per year (VAT is chargeable to UK companies only), or 1425RMB in China if you pay the Sedex China office by BACS.
What’s included in Supplier membership?
- Platform: With immediate access to our platform, you will get the necessary data and insights to manage risks and share data with your customers
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ): Use this tool to assess your own performance and meet customer requirements
- SMETA Audit: Only Sedex members have access to our world leading audit methodology, SMETA
- Community: Join over 74,000 members to share insights, best practice and have your say on the evolution of Sedex tools and services
- Training: Get up and running quickly with our introductory training sessions to help you get started and introduce Sedex within your organisation
- 24/7 Support: Access to a 24-hour member services team to help with your questions, in 12 languages
- Member Directory: See views of your profile and create new business opportunities.
Supplier Plus is an upgrade to Supplier membership, available to all suppliers who want to grow their business and improve business performance through additional services.
Join our customers
Sedex membership lasts for 12 months, though you can choose to have a longer membership. Enter the number of years on the ‘Extend subscription by’ under the ‘Subscription information’ section when making payment in the Sedex platform.
The renewal will take into consideration your account’s current expiration date and will count ahead from that date as long as your account is active. You will not pay for any overlap.
You have two payment method options for your membership.
Option 1: Credit/debit card
Payment by credit/debit card (WorldPay) online via our website. This is the recommended and quickest option. If you choose to pay online, you will be taken to the secure server for your chosen payment provider to make your payment by card.
Option 2: Bank transfer
Payment by bank transfer (BACS). BACS is an electronic system to make payments directly from one bank account to another. You can go to the bank with an invoice sent from Sedex to make the payment.
- Please note that VAT is only charged for UK-based companies.
- The total shown on the invoice should be the total amount received by Sedex after all bank charges have been deducted.
- If the payment received is above the total amount due in the invoice, your paid-for membership period will be extended (pro-rata) in line with the additional credit and will be longer than that detailed on your invoice.
- If the payment received is below the total amount due in the invoice, your paid-for membership period will be set (pro-rata) in line with the amount you have paid, which will be less than the membership period detailed on your invoice.
- Please review your company and payment information before you proceed to complete the transaction. If your company details need to be changed please ensure these changes are made before the payment is completed.
You should be able to download your VAT/pro-forma invoice from your account in the Sedex platform. This allows you to print it and/or save it depending on your requirements.
If you need to renew your membership and add more sites, log in to the Sedex platform and navigate to ‘Payments’ and enter the (new) total number of sites. This is the total number of sites you already have plus the number of new sites. For example, if you already have 2 sites and you need to add a new site, you would need to enter 3 total sites and then extend your membership for the number of years that you wish to have this membership.
Your account will be activated immediately if you pay by credit/debit card. Bank transfer payments can take 4-7 working days for your account to be activated.
Your account will take between 4-7 working days to be activated if you pay by bank transfer. Please contact our Helpdesk if your account is still lapsed after 7 working days.
You can change your account password from the homepage in the Sedex platform. Click ‘Log In’ and scroll down below the log in fields and click on ‘Reset my password’. Enter your own user email address and then click ‘Send me an email’. You will receive an email with a confirmation link tom reset your password. You must click this reset link within the next 48 hours to set up your new password.
You can find your VAT invoice on your Sedex account. Log in to the Sedex platform and navigate to ‘Company’, then ‘My Company’ in the navigation menu. Then click on ‘Payment History’ where you can download invoices to print and/or save to your computer.
Your next steps
We’re here to provide support and guidance. Please get in touch if you’re not sure what Sedex membership is for you.