Affiliate Audit Companies
Sedex works with audit companies, known as Affiliate Audit Companies, to offer SMETA audits. Learn more about Affiliate Audit Companies, however we have decided to close the AAC application window and not to accept any new AACs in 2022, as the capacity of current AACs can cover the SMETA audits globally, and we are also currently focusing on the AQP. Any future changes will be updated on the website.
An Affiliate Audit Company (AAC) is an audit company that can conduct SMETA and other social audits for Sedex members. Audit companies must meet a set of criteria to be a Sedex AAC and have a Sedex Affiliate Auditor account to conduct SMETA audits.
From January 2021, only audit companies with full APSCA (Association of Professional Social Compliance Auditors) membership are eligible to be Affiliate Audit Companies.
Learn more about our programme to drive audit quality below.
List of Affiliate Audit Companies (APSCA members)
These AACs (including any of their subsidiaries, unless otherwise specified) can currently carry out all types of forms or SMETA audits with no restrictions.
- ABS Quality Evaluations Inc.
- Accordia Global Compliance Group
- API Audit Limited
- Arche Advisors
- AUS – Meat
- Benchmarks Co., Ltd.
- BCI Compliance Group
- BSI Group
- Bureau Veritas
- Bureau Veritas Certification
- Centre Testing International Corporation
- Control Union Certifications
- DQS CFS GmbH
- Ethical Trade Services Africa
- Eurocert SA
- Extensive Standard Technical Services Co., Ltd.
- GCL International Ltd
- GSCS International ltd
- IBL Africa
- Insite Compliance
- International Associates Limited
- International Compliance Group
- IQNet Ltd
- LRQA (Previously Lloyd’s Register)
- NSF Certification UK Ltd
- Omega Compliance
- Openview Service Limited
- Partner Africa
- Primus Auditing Ops
- QIMA Ltd
- RINA SERVICES S.p.A
- SCS Global Services
- Excel Sustainability Management & Technology Co., Ltd
- Social Compliance Services Asia
- Sustainable Assurance Solutions Pty Ltd (SAS)
- TUV NORD CERT GmbH
- TUV Rheinland
- TUV SUD
- URS Verification Private Limited
- Verisio Ltd
- Verner Wheelock (incorporating KSSA)
As part of the Quality Programme, Affiliate Audit Companies may be temporarily suspended. During the period of suspension Affiliate Audit Companies are not allowed to carry out SMETA activities. Sedex will review when and under what condition suspended audit companies may resume their SMETA activities.
The following audit companies are currently Suspended:
- Global Group
As part of the Audit Quality Programme, Affiliate Audit Companies may also be terminated. If terminated, audit companies will no longer appear on this page. Members with visibility of audits conducted by terminated audit firms in the previous 12 months will be alerted when termination is confirmed.
Sedex Audit Quality Programme
Sedex has developed an Audit Quality Programme to improve the quality of SMETA and audit data, to drive positive change in responsible sourcing for our members.
As part of this programme we are reviewing and developing the processes for:
- Selecting audit companies who can become an Affiliate Audit Company and can conduct SMETA audits
- Ensuring compliance with the Sedex Auditor Rules, including dealing with complaints and grievances that may arise from time to time
- Supporting our AACs by providing guidance, training and access to Sedex tools
- Managing the performance of our AACs and reviewing our relationship with AACs who do not meet our requirements.
Audit quality is important to us. If you need to raise a grievance about an auditor or audit company, please contact [email protected]