Our vision and purpose
Sedex’s vision is to drive organisations globally to improve the lives of the people they impact. Today, Sedex and our members impact the lives of 33 million people globally.
We believe every person working in the supply chain should have equality, a safe place to work, and the means to support themselves and their families, free of bribery and corruption, using sustainable methods that keep the environment intact for future generations.
To meet our vision, our purpose is to collaborate with organisations to provide the most trusted and efficient information, tools and services to manage risk and drive responsible business in global supply chains.
We support our members with innovative solutions – to protect people, the environment and business, in a sustainable and ethical way.
We aim to:
- Enable responsible sourcing through collaboration and information gathering and sharing
- Make supply chain transparency simple through easy to use tools and services that are available to all businesses
- Protect people, the environment and business by proactively identifying and managing risk
- Enable sustainable and responsible business through technological solutions.
Our 2025 Strategy
In 2020, we launched an ambitious, new five-year strategy, aiming to grow our impact on people – from the 33 million people who we currently reach, to 150 million people by 2025.
Central to this growth and impact is redeveloping and launching the Sedex platform – to be the leading responsible sourcing platform globally for building ethical supply chains.
To impact lives of workers, we will drive social change to help organisations align with the United Nations Guiding Principles, meet the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code and conventions of the International Labour Organisation. We will focus on four core areas of social impact to positively impact workers:
- Improving gender equality throughout the supply chain
- Better detecting, remediating and detecting forced labour
- Building sustainable livelihoods
- Enabling worker representation.