Affiliate Audit Companies
Becoming a Sedex Affiliate Audit Company will help you develop best-practice processes for conducting audits and enable you to store, share and act on resulting audit data through the value chain.
Only audit companies with a Sedex Affiliate Auditor account can conduct SMETA audits and access the functionalities and benefits of the Sedex Advance system, which audit companies can use to manage data from multiple locations in one account.
Sedex Audit Quality Programme
Sedex is developing an audit quality programme to improve the quality of SMETA and audit data, to drive positive change in responsible sourcing for our members.
As part of this programme we are reviewing and developing the process for:
- 1. Selecting audit companies who can become an Affiliate Audit Company and can conduct SMETA audits
2. Compliance with the SMETA minimum requirements
3. Implementing an appropriate Appeals Procedure
4. Ongoing performance management to ensure auditors appropriately conduct audits and properly capture audit data on a consistent basis
We will launch the audit quality programme mid-2020.
From 1 June 2019 we will not be accepting new applications for audit companies to become an Affiliate Audit Company. We will notify you in due course when the application process is re-open.
Sedex Affiliate Audit Companies
The following audit companies are currently users of Sedex and SMETA:
List of Affiliate Audit Companies
Currently, the following audit companies are users of Sedex:
- ABS Quality Evaluations Inc.
- ACTE International
- AJA Bangladesh
- ARCHE Advisors Inc.
- API Audit Limited
- Benchmarks Company Limited
- BSI Group
- Bureau Veritas
- Centre Testing International Corporation
- Control Union Certifications
- CSR Solutions
- DNV GL
- DQS CFS GmbH
- Ecocert IMOswiss AG
- Ethical Trade Services Africa
- EUROCERT SA
- Extensive Standard Technical Services Co. Ltd.
- Globalgroup Certification Limited
- GSCS International Limited
- Hong Kong Q.C. Center
- IBL Certification
- Insite Compliance
- International Compliance Group
- Leverage Limited
- NSF Certification
- Openview Service Limited
- Partner Africa (formerly Africa Now)
- Primus Auditing Ops
- PwC Australia
- QIMA Limited
- Reassurance Network
- SCS Global Services
- SIPAS CR – Peru
- SMT Global
- Social Compliance Services Asia
- TUV AUSTRIA CERT
- TUV Nord Cert
- TÜV Rheinland
- TÜV SÜD
- UL – Responsible Sourcing Inc.
- URS Verification
- V-Trust Inspection Service
- Verner Wheelock (incorporating KSSA)
Benefits for Affiliate Audit Companies
- Authorised to conduct SMETA audits
- Permanent login facilities to Sedex
- Pre-populated email address on the Sedex system, making it easier for a supplier to select you as their chosen auditor
- Access to member self-assessment data, once you have been nominated as an audit partner of that member
- Access to non-compliance and other data relating to audit reports uploaded by your own company
- Central view of your own audit company’s audit data