Sedex e-Learning will support you to increase your employees’ knowledge of sustainability and understand priority areas for responsible sourcing. The tool is now available for you to access through your member account anywhere at any time, supporting you to take a holistic approach throughout your corporate social responsibility planning. Sedex e-Learning is accessible to all members through Sedex Advance and replaces the Knowledge Hub.
- 18 Sustainability modules covering health and safety, labour standards and the environment available in English, Spanish & Chinese
- Over 43 educational videos covering Sedex Advance functionalities in 2 languages (English and Spanish) and the Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA) suite of tools
- PDF guidance for Sedex Advance/ SMETA core documents also available in Chinese and Spanish
- 112 videos from Li & Fung covering 8 topics (Labour Standards and Health & Safety) in 14 languages
- 8 course options from Stronger Together ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in Supply Chains
- Sedex’s Sustainable Development Goals Report. More information can be found here.
- Easy to use platform and guided learning recommended for your needs, so you can learn at your own pace
- Gives you the ability to track completion of courses in Data Monitor
- Supports you with preparation for ethical audits to help you understand what the expectations of your customers and suppliers may be
- Sign posts in Sedex Advance guide you to relevant training modules, so resources are easy to find and accessible through your member account.
What is Sedex e-Learning?
The brand new Sustainability Resources include training modules that cover issues such as working hours, fire safety and environmental protection. These can be linked back to the non-compliance’s raised in your sites’ and suppliers’ sites social audits and help develop your employees’ and suppliers’ knowledge of corporate social responsibility. Each module includes tests and quizzes that require a passing score in order to complete the course. This helps learners showcase what they have learned and put into practice at their site.
The new training videos on functionalities in your Sedex Advance account demonstrates how to engage with buyers or suppliers and how to best use Sedex tools to support this.
You can track completion of these courses through the new Sedex e-Learning reports in Data Monitor
Additional SMETA Resources for suppliers and auditors will help everyone involved in the audit process understand the requirements of a SMETA audit and provide useful information on how to prepare for one.
What do our members think?
- “Nice range of courses from an introduction to Sedex functions through to critical issues – fire safety and forced labour.” Claire Sammons, Lovering Foods Ltd.
- “Sedex e-Learning looks really good. It is understandable and easy to use.” Urooba Malik, Coles.
- “The new e-Learning platform provides detailed step-by-step guidance on how to use Sedex Advance. Access to these resources, in particular the video guidance, will really help our suppliers with understanding and navigating the platform. In addition to this, Sedex e-Learning also offers new sustainability resources that give a great general overview on various issues (e.g. Fire Safety and Management Systems), which serve as an excellent starting point to expand knowledge on sustainability issues and challenges.” Thade Harms, Worldwide Fruit.